Saturday, December 27, 2008
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
we took the kids to see Grinch in Ice....it was incredible. the entire concept is still mind boggling but the final product was just awe-inspiring. i'm not over-selling it... it was 9 degrees but the kids just kept asking to stay longer. we all were frozen but we've never seen anything like it.
(and yes, i did make the kids hold hands like the who-ville kids.....i thought it was funny. they did not)
the video is of the little slide....it was a huge hit!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
it drives caleb nuts that i post stuff like this.....we are WAY too close to the teenage years to impose on his "coolness" but THIS is worth the risk.
no doubt ben and millie are friends....ben and sarah are definitely playmates...but ben and caleb don't always find time to themselves. caleb asked ben to "sleep-over" and usually ben is too attached to his own space/bed but he jumped at the chance to "tuck in caleb."
THIS is what it's all about......(remind me later....when i forget).
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Friday, December 12, 2008
sarah is in 2nd grade this year...lots of drama. i don't remember being allowed to have drama...i just remember passing notes with a boy in class and having to stay in from recess to clean up toys.
that's me, on the top row, big shock...
thanks to facebook i am actually able to get in touch with a few kids in this class! can you believe that!
ahhhh, 2nd grade.....recess, buying lunch and spelling tests.
(i may need to take this picture to my hairdresser.....i really like the color of my hair.)
Monday, December 8, 2008
Are you Martha or Maxine?
• Stuff a miniature marshmallow in the bottom of an ice cream cone to prevent ice cream drips.
• Just suck the ice cream out of the bottom of the cone, for Pete's sake! You are probably lying on the couch with your feet up eating it, anyway!
• To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes.
• Buy Hungry Jack mashed potato mix. Keeps in the pantry for up to a year
• When a cake recipe calls for flouring the baking pan, use a bit of the dry cake mix instead and there won't be any white mess on the outside of the cake.
• Go to the bakery! They'll even decorate it for you!
• If you accidentally over-salt a dish while it's still cooking, drop in a peeled potato and it will absorb the excess salt for an instant 'fix-me-up.'
• If you over-salt a dish while you are cooking, that's too bad. Please recite with me the real woman's motto: 'I made it, you will eat it and I don't care how bad it tastes!'
• Wrap celery in aluminum foil when putting in the refrigerator and it will keep for weeks.
• Celery? Never heard of it!
• Brush some beaten egg white over pie crust before baking to yield a beautiful glossy finish.
• The Mrs. Smith frozen pie directions do not include brushing egg whites over the crust, so I don't.
• Cure for headaches: take a lime, cut it in half and rub it on your forehead. The throbbing will go away.
• Take a lime, mix it with tequila, chill and drink! All your pains go away!
• If you have a problem opening jars, try using latex dish washing gloves. They give a non-slip grip that makes opening jars easy.
• Go ask that very cute neighbor if he can open it for you.
• Don't throw out all that leftover wine. Freeze into ice cubes for future use in casseroles and sauces.
• Leftover wine??????????? HELLO!!!!!!!
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Monday, December 1, 2008
caleb had waaaaaay too much energy last weekend so i said "go rake leaves...." and had no idea he would do it. oops.
so that took the rest of our day.....37 bags later (just the backyard). the kids had fun, i considered it a work out, rob marked it off his list, millie played and i had something to post on my blog....not bad for one afternoon.
caleb asked for the camera to take a picture of the bags - probably to document the work and to use against us later when he needs money for something.
oh, and sarah finally lost her top front tooth (you can't really tell since her other tooth has already grown in quite a bit).