Monday, December 8, 2008
finally, a post NOT about my kids...
Are you Martha or Maxine?
• Stuff a miniature marshmallow in the bottom of an ice cream cone to prevent ice cream drips.
• Just suck the ice cream out of the bottom of the cone, for Pete's sake! You are probably lying on the couch with your feet up eating it, anyway!
• To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes.
• Buy Hungry Jack mashed potato mix. Keeps in the pantry for up to a year
• When a cake recipe calls for flouring the baking pan, use a bit of the dry cake mix instead and there won't be any white mess on the outside of the cake.
• Go to the bakery! They'll even decorate it for you!
• If you accidentally over-salt a dish while it's still cooking, drop in a peeled potato and it will absorb the excess salt for an instant 'fix-me-up.'
• If you over-salt a dish while you are cooking, that's too bad. Please recite with me the real woman's motto: 'I made it, you will eat it and I don't care how bad it tastes!'
• Wrap celery in aluminum foil when putting in the refrigerator and it will keep for weeks.
• Celery? Never heard of it!
• Brush some beaten egg white over pie crust before baking to yield a beautiful glossy finish.
• The Mrs. Smith frozen pie directions do not include brushing egg whites over the crust, so I don't.
• Cure for headaches: take a lime, cut it in half and rub it on your forehead. The throbbing will go away.
• Take a lime, mix it with tequila, chill and drink! All your pains go away!
• If you have a problem opening jars, try using latex dish washing gloves. They give a non-slip grip that makes opening jars easy.
• Go ask that very cute neighbor if he can open it for you.
• Don't throw out all that leftover wine. Freeze into ice cubes for future use in casseroles and sauces.
• Leftover wine??????????? HELLO!!!!!!!